EduGrowth conference – 31 August 2017
This year we’re partnering with the Australian Financial Review to host the first AFR EdTech Summit on 31 August 2017 in Sydney. This is part of the annual AFR Higher Education summit, from 29 – 31 August 2017 and will include themes ranging from the current edtech landscape, to the future of education, visiting alternative educational models, technology influencing student experience and the perspective of venture capitalists towards educational start-ups.
Bringing together local and international experts on edtech, the summit will include discussions on the key challenges facing the tertiary sector, the role that edtech can and will play in delivering effective solutions, and where to next for the sector.
Startups with a focus on the tertiary sector can apply to take part in a Shark Tank session to showcase their business to the Australian Higher Education community. Read more about the opportunity to pitch.
- Akiba Covitz, Head of Business Development, Minerva and former Associate Dean, Harvard Law School
- Phil Komarny, Chief Digital Officer, University of Texas Institute for Transformational Learning
- Mark Lynch, Chief Technology Officer, Learnosity
- EduGrowth Founding Members from Deakin University, La Trobe University, Monash University, Navitas, Griffith University and Charles Sturt University.
View the full speaker line up, including the program for the AFR Higher Education Summit.
EduGrowth startup members receive a discount on all tickets, with an additional early bird price available until 30 June. Tickets for day 3 are normally $595 + gst – EduGrowth startup members can book for $350 + gst
AFR EdTech conference Shark Tank in partnership with EduGrowth
Edtech startups with products and services in the tertiary sector are invited to apply for the EduGrowth Shark Tank at the AFR EdTech Summit. Showcase your idea to an audience of senior tertiary educators, investors and business leaders at the inaugural AFR EdTech Summit in partnership with EduGrowth.
– Akiba Covitz, Head of Business Development, Minerva
– Deanna Raineri, VP Partnerships, Teaching & Learning, Coursera
– Mark Rohald, Global Education Executive, Quartet Ventures
– Andrew Larsen, Investment Director, Larsen Ventures
Pitch format: 5 minutes followed by 5 minutes Q&A from the panel. A total of 5 teams will be selected based on the application criteria.
Applications close: 5pm, Tuesday 1 August 2017.
Presenters will need to be available from 2pm – 5pm, 31 August 2017, and will receive a complimentary ticket to attend the EdTech Summit.